Here's the latest posting from my other blog ...

Friday, January 15, 2010

Window Reflection

I normally don't like posting picture that require a lot of explanation, but I think this one fits the spirit of Weekend Reflection #17.

This is a shot from our master bathroom (now we're getting kinda personal).  The big black vertical line is the corner formed by two sheets of glass for the shower enclosure.  If you look closely, you can see a few water droplets on the glass (below the window). 

The smaller window to the right is the reflection of the main window through a mirror that is over my left shoulder.  If you look REALLY carefully, below the window reflection is a reflections from the glass tiles in the shower.  I will someday capture these tiles in all their splendid glory, but I have been unsuccessful in getting a shot that I am pleased with. 

If you have no life, you can visit my website for a detailed photo sequence of the construction that created this bathroom in April of 2007.  I'll warn you in advance, there are a *lot* of pictures in the sequence.  When you get bored, skip to the end and you can see some shots of the bathroom. 

http://www.2zars.com/waynengineering/master-suite-addition



Canon EF 24-105mm L f4 IS USM lens
24mm Focal Length
Exposure 1/25 sec @ f10
ISO 320
Curves adjusted for contrast

27 comments:

Earnest said...

Just make sure to dry off your camera after having it in the shower with you.

It is an intriguing shot.

Riet said...

Very special picture you have here. Very nice

Malyss said...

Weird and unusual..Sometimes the strangest things are nearer than we think..

Rebecca said...

How cool is that shot! Great eye to capture it too.

RuneE said...

Drat the explanation - it was a great composition :-)

Thom said...

Those are wonderful shots. I love them. You sure are good with the camera I tell ya. :) Have a great weekend :)

Julie said...

Lovely setting up of the shot, Wayne and I appreciated the text walking me through it. Photographes are persistent people and I know one of these days you will get those tiles.

Intruiging post.

Icy BC said...

That's very unique!

Stine in Ontario said...

That's a fun shot, but I'm glad you did ex[lain it! It made me appreciate it all the more.

maiaT said...

Great reflection photos, and description.
Looking forward to see the tiles.

Pat said...

This is an interesting composition. I like the pattern of the window itself and the color of it, too. Cool reflection!

awarewriter said...

Wow, cool shot. Looks like a wall of computer screens.

Dimple said...

I agree with Rune, it is a great composition.

Diane AZ said...

Beautiful and unusual multi-reflection. Great shot!

Erin said...

like the shot...creative capture.
have a fab weekend

Thérèse said...

Well thought!

Serendipity said...

Very cool!

Marilla said...

Nice shot! And what a coincidence: we had a bathroom repair in April 2007 just before we moved to our present home.

Lucy Corrander said...

Like cigarette cards.

Lucy

mbkatc230 said...

This is a really neat shot. The big window looks like a contact sheet - how appropriate! Kathy

VP said...

Strange and original, a very good choice!

Ebie said...

Lovely! Very interesting and unique photo!

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful descri[tion and reflection photo.

Helena said...

Great shot! It's very unique, and I appreciate it even more after reading the explanation. :)

cieldequimper said...

This is very clever, I like it!

Dot said...

Cool posting Wayne!

Nefertiti said...

reflection repetitive superbe ;O)