Here's the latest posting from my other blog ...

Monday, May 3, 2010

Ride for the Cure

I apologize for not visiting many of your blogs this past weekend.  Saturday, I was busy doing Spring clean-up around the yard and Sunday, I participated in a motorcycle event that had two purposes, one meaningless, the other very meaningful.

Earlier in the year, a group of BMW Motorcycle riders joined together to form the longest parade of BMW Motorcycles, which numbered 241.  Not to be outdone, one of the members of Mac-Pac suggested to Bob Jones, owner of Montgomeryville Cycle Center, the record could and should be beaten.  Bob was completely supportive, opening his dealership on Sunday and providing food and drink, as long as we also collected funds for his favorite charity, The Pediatric Cancer Center of St. Jude’s Hospital.  This is nice because St. Jude is one charity my wife and I always support. 

Here's a wide angle view of the parking lot at 11:07AM.  At this point, we were probably 30 bikes shy of the record.  With minutes to spare, we got ~247 bikes registered and went for a short ride, so we should get the record.  Verification will take some time, but that really isn't important.  What's important is that a lot of people, from different walks of life, came together for the kids.  I don't know yet how much money was raised, I'll update this entry when I find out. 

Canon EF-S 10-22mm f3.4-3.5 USM lens
10mm Focal Length
Exposure 1/200 sec @ f9.0
ISO 200
Curves adjusted

6 comments:

Clytie said...

Absolutely awesome! I wish I had been there ... not that I own a BMW, or even know how to ride a motorcycle (except as passenger) ... but the fun of riding as a group is unsurpassed - and for a worthy cause - is sheer joy.

My ex and I used to ride a Kawasaki with a group of Harleys. Only rice in the bunch - but it was the most amazing group of people I could ever imagine! This brings back so many good time memories!

Cezar and Léia said...

Hello dear Wayne
wow you are a kind of adventure, it was a cool event!
Have a nice week
hugs
Léia
*** any chance to see pictures from your garden?

Rebecca said...

Oh...I am behind in visiting too. Too many projects going. Looks like you had fun.

James said...

I sure hope lots of money was raised. That seems like a great charity. I guess I'm not the only one who's fallen behind with blogging. :)

Earnest said...

Well done... fun too!

Marka said...

And you had a beautiful day for it!