Here's the latest posting from my other blog ...

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cold, Dark, Windy

I shot this at Peace Valley Park after the second of two Nor'easters passed by.  The second storm was not particularly bad, but between the two storms, we had several days of rain totaling ~2 inches.  After these storms leave, we typically get clear, blue, beautiful skies.  While waiting for the skies to clear, I took this shot.  It was unusually cold for October, but at least the rain had stopped!

I really like the effect of the wide angle and it just seemed right to go B&W with this. 


Canon EF-S 10-22mm f3.4-3.5 USM lens
22mm Focal Length
Exposure 1/400 sec @ f13
ISO 200
Curves adjusted, converted to B&W

1 comment:

Marka said...

I agree, the wide-angle lens gets so much more sky in the photo.

Re:Here's the Thing, the photo was taken through the window out the window of a building that had a thin curtain over it to cut down harsh light while still allowing illumination.