Here's the latest posting from my other blog ...

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

'57 Chevy

As I mentioned earlier, I visited the America on Wheels museum this past Saturday.  I've been chomping at the bit to post this, but I've been a bit too busy to get to it.  This '57 Chevy Station wagon was one of many beautiful cars on display.  I love both the year (same year I was born) and color. I wish I was in as good shape as this car is!


Canon EF-S 10-22mm f3.4-3.5 USM lens
10mm Focal Length
Exposure 1/13 sec @ f3.5
ISO 640
Curves adjusted

7 comments:

Marka said...

Ah yes, those were the days when the term "lead sled" had real meaning behind it. 'tis a pity modern cars don't have lines like those.

Rune Eide said...

To get that kind of reflection, someone must have spent days with the wax!

Carol said...

What a shot! I love this car, my brother had a 57 Chevy. I think its beautiful...and so shiny!

Woody said...

Thanks Marka, RuneE, and Carol!

Michael said...

That is some fine polishing somebody did there. Reflections all over.

XoXo said...

This is a great shot Woody...I have never seen like this before.

Martha said...

Awesome shot. I LOVE 57 Chevy's in that color blue. I am not into cars in general, but cars from that "era" are so interesting, I one day soon want to get out and find some to photograph!!