Here's the latest posting from my other blog ...

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Burger anyone?

So, it's been snowing here for 24 hours.  We're currently have received about 20" and it's still snowing like mad.  I took a shot of our grill completely entombed in snow.  Behind the grill is a hot tub that is currently not used.  I completely cleared the snow from the hot tub a few hours earlier.



Canon EF 24-105mm L f4 IS USM lens
24mm Focal Length
Exposure 1/60 sec @ f4.0
ISO 400
Flash used






This is a shot out the laundry room door.  This leads to a fenced in area for our dog.  Since she's a small dog, I've already cleared this area TWICE today with the snow blower and it's up to her belly AGAIN. 



Canon EF 24-105mm L f4 IS USM lens
24mm Focal Length
Exposure 1/60 sec @ f4.0
ISO 400
Flash used







My oldest son, Nick, clearing the driveway after the township plow cleared the street and blocked our driveway.

Canon EF 24-105mm L f4 IS USM lens
96mm Focal Length
Exposure 1/200 sec @ f5.6
ISO 200
curves adjusted for contrast




These shots were taken 3 hours apart. 




 




6 comments:

Suburban Girl said...

What a crazy day!

Cezar and Léia said...

oh gosh, it's really cold there!Great pictures but stay warm okay!
Léia

Marilla said...

Wow, you really have snow there! I bet we have less than that, about 30 cm or so.

But if you invite me, less grill some burgers!

Marka said...

I see you got walloped by the storms as well. Get everything dug out again yet?

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Woody:

Your pictures of the storm not only measure its impact, but illustrate's man's resourcefullness in dealing with the aftermath. The shots I took myself were awful. I have no skill in this direction.

I occasionally miss the dead of winter snowstorms common to the Adirondacks. I fondly remember nights when the snow had stopped falling, and the moon would come making midnight as bright as high noon.

I also remember getting laid on a bearskin rug in front of the fireplace too. These were the high points of winter. Now I look at my K75 in the garage and I could cry.

I am going to create an "alternate destinations" category on my blog so I can link to non-motorcycle exclusive sites like yours with impunity. I will d this tomorrow, amd your site will be the first listed.

I'm sorry it took me so long t think about this.

Fondest regards,
Jack • reep • Toad
Twisted Roads

earnest said...

Brutal!