Here's the latest posting from my other blog ...

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow!

Well, we got a bunch of snow last night and this morning.  I measured 12 inches this morning, but the snow did not stop falling for several more hours.  I think we finished with ~16 inches (~40cm).

I shot a bunch more later in the day.  The sun came partially out and cast a beautiful, orange shade on the snow.  I'll post them some other day. 



Here's Zephyr up to her ears (literally) in the white stuff.  Silly me, the camera was in aperture priority mode at f10, and she was moving like a rocket, but your get the idea.

Canon EF 24-105mm L f4 IS USM lens
45mm Focal Length
Exposure 1/50 sec @ f10
ISO 500
Curves adjusted for contrast



My oldest son has only been driving for one year and being the overprotective parent, I drove him to work today.  On the way, I noticed that the train tracks were covered, indicating that the trains were not running. 



Canon EF 24-105mm L f4 IS USM lens
24mm Focal Length
Exposure 1/320 sec @ f13
ISO 200
Curves adjusted for contrast






Near my home, we have a one lane bridge that crosses the Reading creek.  The bridge is thought of as a nuisance in this modern, hurry-up world, but I find it the be almost charming - a throwback.  Here's a shot of the creek.


Canon EF 24-105mm L f4 IS USM lens
35mm Focal Length
Exposure 1/160 sec @ f10
ISO 200
Curves adjusted for contrast

3 comments:

David said...

The snow in sepia... looks great. Utah is the home of the greatest snow on earth! So they say, but you have to have snow. It looks as though you and the eastern states have gotten what we are missing. Have fun in the snow. Please make us a snowman with two eyes made out of coal, a carrot for a nose, and a red scarf. I have seen one this winter.

Earnest said...

Great spot reminds me of some very similar scenes close by. Your creek is a bit bigger than mine though.

James said...

I love snow Great shots Wayne.