Here's the latest posting from my other blog ...

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lonely

I shot this at the Hilltown Baptist Cemetery late on a Sunday afternoon in March (I'm just a tad behind).  I thought the late afternoon lighting offered some solitude to a poor lost soul who obviously perished a long, long time ago.  The headstone was unreadable.  There were many very old headstones, still standing, but unreadable.

A Submission for Shadow Shot Sunday #106


Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM lens
Exposure 1/2500 sec @ f2.8
ISO 200
Curves adjusted for contrast

10 comments:

Clytie said...

It's beautiful. Gives new meaning to the term 'rest in peace'.

James said...

I like those old headstones. This reminds me that I also have some cemetery photos from March.

I don't have a cp for the lens I was usuing yesterday but Thanks for the reminder. I'll take my cp and other lens next time.

Suburban Girl said...

I love old cemeteries. There is so much history in them. I usually come home and start investigating names and places after I visit one.

Sometimes if you get an angle from the sun to cast shadows on the script it helps to make out what they say.

Earnest said...

I could write a book on my reflections about this photo but will just say I hope others have as many thoughts evoked as I did.

Cezar and Léia said...

Your picture is beautiful, well done!
Léia :)

Marilla said...

Beautiful picture. I can feel the peaceful atmosphere.

Sylvia K said...

Beautiful capture, Woody. I do love those old headstones, they always leave questions in my mind -- who, when, how. Wonderful shadow shot for the day! Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

old headstone
who can read the name?
God alone

Gasoline Ghosts

Hey Harriet said...

An emotional and very captivating image! I like the comment Clytie made.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Remus said...

Great perspective and contrast!
Great use of DOF.