Here's the latest posting from my other blog ...

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nockamixon Dam

Here's the dam/spillway for Lake Nockamixon. It makes for a pretty neat experience. We've had a lot of rain lately, so there's a lot of water falling. I imagine it would be pretty spectacular after a heavy rain. For techies out there, here are the GPS coordinates:
N40 27.979 W75 11.170
and a link to google maps.

28mm Focal Length,
Exposure 1/250 @ f11
ISO 200


I zoomed in on some of the water falling.


171mm Focal Length,
Exposure 1/500 @ f10
ISO 200

©Copyright Wayne Woodruff 2009

2 comments:

Dot said...

Love this one, especially the close up :o) I've often admired photos where the exposure is longer and picks up the movement of the water...that would probably be cool to do at this location. Dig your photos :o)

Woody said...

Dot,

I wish I could say the effect were carefully planned and a result of my superb photographic skills, but it's really because of dubm luck and a slow lens :-o

Next time I'm there, I'm going to play with the exposure and see if I can get the water to blur. I do like that effect as well.