Here's the latest posting from my other blog ...

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dew on the ornamental grass

I was playing with the macro lens one dewy (is that even a word?) morning. Here are a few shots I took of dew drops on ornamental grasses.


Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens
Exposure 1/100 sec @ f2.8 (Aperture Priority)
ISO 400
Curves adjusted


Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens
Exposure 1/200 sec @ f2.8 (Aperture Priority)
ISO 200
Curves adjusted


The one below is my favorite.


Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens
Exposure 1/100 sec @ f2.8 (Aperture Priority)
ISO 250
Curves adjusted

2 comments:

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Sir:

I proudly showed you work to "dew" experts, several of which claim there is evidence that you simply took these pictures shortly after watering the lawn. Tell us it ain't so.

I used to love the dew-covered grass, which is where I usually woke up after really good Friday nights. Your photography is much better than mine. In one shot I took, I had difficulty focusing on the motorcycle, and it was only 10 feet away, in broad daylight.

Fondest regards,
Jack • reep • Toad
Twisted Roads

Woody said...

Jack,

I humbly beg forgiveness. I have been caught. Did your experts also detect the yellow tinge? I use a special watering technique.

Actually, I shot them the same time I shot these spider webs.

http://2zars.blogspot.com/2009/08/one-foggy-morning-i-walked-around-yard.html

Thanks for visiting!