Here's the latest posting from my other blog ...

Saturday, April 10, 2010

callalily

My wife has this callalily in a planter in front of our house.  I love the colors, so I went a little extreme on the macro.  I like how the pistil is peaking out of the center and the little purple dots that merge to form a solid color.


Canon EF 100mm f2.8 USM Macro lens
Exposure 1/250 sec @ f5.0
ISO 200
The only adjustment I made was to increase the clarity


A closer shot. I really didn't go nuts on the saturation.  As a matter of fact, I didn't touch saturation at all.  I adjusted the white balance and increased the clarity, that's all.


Canon EF 100mm f2.8 USM Macro lens
Exposure 1/320 sec @ f5.0
ISO 200
Curves adjusted for contrast

7 comments:

cieldequimper said...

I love these flowers, your macro is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Probably as close as poetry ever allows to be taken a picture of.

A wonderful Sunday for you.


daily athens

Suburban Girl said...

Love the last one. You can tell you didn't saturate it. It looks so beautifully natural!

Margaret Gosden said...

Your photos are super. And I love your camera shot details. I have to confess I do not know how to do macro with my camera (Cannon G70) because I have lost the instructions!

Earnest said...

Excellent macros, Woody... really interesting texture in the flowers...

Clytie said...

A beautiful macro view of a lovely plant. Amazing.

Marilla said...

Extremely delicate pictures...