Here's the latest posting from my other blog ...

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stover Myer Mill 1.0

This is a shot of the underside of the roof of the lumbermill at Stover Myer mill.  It was built in 1800 and ground flour and cut lumber.  It's pretty cool on the outside; I can't wait to see the inside. 

Canon EF 24-105mm L f4 IS USM lens
32mm Focal Length
Exposure 1/30 sec @ f4.0
ISO 500(?!)
Curves adjusted for contrast, Antique greyscale software filter

This is a shot of the lumbermill.  It's a huge saw powered by water.  You can see the saw blade running vertically to the left of the large wheel, just left of center of the photo. 

Canon EF 24-105mm L f4 IS USM lens
32mm Focal Length
Exposure 1/60 sec @ f5.6
ISO 200
Curves adjusted for contrast, Antique greyscale software filter

7 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

when you explain the technique of your photography, I think it is so complicated...I know nothing about this fabulous technique, I wish I could!All I can say I love your artwork, it's original and well done!
Congratulations,
Léia :)

Woody said...

Léia,
Sorry if my explanation is confusing. I use Adobe Lightroom to manage my photos. One of the features allows you to modify the photo - it's a simplified version of Photoshop. The "Antique greyscale software filter" is a set of changes defined by Lightroom that you select from a list and Lightroom automatically makes changes to the photo. It sounds confusing (and exotic), but it is very easy to do.
Thanks for visiting and commenting!

Suburban Girl said...

So cool. I laughed cause I took a similar looking up shot at my abandoned farm the other day. Only mine has holes in the roof. :)

cieldequimper said...

I love that first shot, a tribute to fine woodsmanship (does that word even exist? If not, make it craftsmanship).

Clytie said...

I love these shots. The tiny peek of the sun in the roof of the first one ... that amazing stonework in the second ... both caught my eye and my imagination.

Johnny Nutcase said...

definitely cool! Excellent textures in that first one, neat building! You'll have fun with that one!

Earnest said...

I really enjoy seeing the insides and outsides of these old structures.... that one seemingly rotted roof support worries me...